Thursday, March 16, 2017

He's So Fine!

Hey there!

I am sharing a layout I created for Creative Embellishments and have up on their blog today.
As I was browsing the Creative Embellishment Store, I came across the He's So Fine chipboard title pieces. I knew right away that I had to have this piece for a layout of my son all dressed up for Homecoming last year. I paired it with: Grunge Gear Corner Grunge Circle Frames and Gears 1" I love the outcome!

   
I added Tim Holtz Distress Ink to both the Grunge Circle Frame and the Grunge Gear Corner. Then added a few black ink spatters.

 

Just a tip before applying ink to chipboard- I always try it on the back of the piece of chipboard to make sure I have the right color. I added a chipboard pennant, flowers and a punched butterfly to this cluster around the Grunge Gear Corner:

    

 For the He's So Fine Title Piece, I heat embossed using black embossing powder. Here you can see a close up of the Grunge Circle Frame:

 

 I added a few more embellishments to create a small cluster down in the lower right corner:

 

I added some flowers, some painted with watercolors, a piece of chipboard, punched butterflies and a few of the 1" Gears, which I also colored with the distress inks with ScraPerfect Best Glue Ever. I love how the gears keep the theme of the guy page, even though I have flowers on it. A year ago, I would have never added flowers to a guy page, LOL

   

 Thanks for stopping by and sharing your day with me! Stay scrappy my friends!

 

4 comments :

  1. Your details are just fabulous on this masculine layout! Such a treat for the eyes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lisa,
    This turned out fabulous Love all the chippies and those splatters. Looks like the perfect masculine LO

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful and grungetastic! The colors you chose for your gear chippies is mesmerizing and awesome sauce! Fantabulous layout and details!

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy reading your comments and greatly appreciate them! Thank you for stopping by!