Thursday, March 28, 2013

Almost Spring Break!

I have a few minutes before Austin gets home from school and starts Spring Break, Sierra is at track practice. But wanted to share a layout I made for the Birthday Sketch-a-thon going on at My Scraps & More. I combined Missy's sketch and twist to use a stamp on your layout along with Memorable Seasons March Challenge #6: Scrunch it up and came up with this fun layout of the kids watching a movie on our California trip:

 
I stamped the circle a few times using orange paint and a plastic lid. I also used red ink and stamped my chevron arrows. The bright orange scrunched ribbon really draws your eye to the photo!
 
Here are a few close ups:

 
I have seen other scrappers stitching over chipboard letters and love the look, but thought "my old sewing machine will never do that!" Well, I tried it and it was so easy! Guess what? You will be seeing more stitched chipboard alphas on my pages!


Here's Missy's sketch I used:



Gotta run! It's almost that time! Have a great day!

5 comments :

  1. Great page, Lisa! I love the paint circles!

    ReplyDelete
  2. fabulous page.. love the paint rings and the ruffles ribbon is a nice touch along with all the other great layers..

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE your page, Lisa!! Love the scrunched ribbon and who knew you could sew over chipboard???

    ReplyDelete
  4. CUTE page love the fun arrows, stamps and circle!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fun addition those arrows make!!!!

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy reading your comments and greatly appreciate them! Thank you for stopping by!