Wednesday, March 1, 2017

Pawprints: Creative Embellishments & SpiegelMom Scraps Blog Hop

Hey there!
Today the Creative Embellishments DT is teaming up with SpiegelMom Scraps for a blog hop! I was so excited to play with the goodies from SpiegelMoms Scraps and pairing them up with Creative Embellishments goodies was the perfect combination!




Back in November, we had to put our yellow lab, Bender down due to kidney failure. This was the hardest decision we ever had to make, but it was best for him. The photos on this layout were taken the day before and are the last ones I took of him. RIP Bender. We love and miss you!

Now onto my layout.
I created the background using the Fairy Dust Stencil and light modeling paste. After I applied the modeling paste and while it was still wet, I added some of the yellow sequins from the Amore Sequin pack. This saved me from gluing them down later. I added some watercolor using the packaging technique. I also added some pawprints cut from a Silhouette frame cut file and colored with watercolors. 
I kept my patterned paper to a minimum since I had the mixed media background. 




I used Shimmerz Tar, Tar Acri Tones to color the"Paw Prints" chipboard piece and added some red paint spatters. I tucked in the "Fuzzy Friend" flair from the Happy Tails Flairs and added a yellow heart feltie from the Love U Tons pack.
It's hard to see, but I did add a Silver Foil Holiday Doily behind the photo on the left:






I took a Heart chipboard piece, added Gesso and mists to it. I tucked another yellow heart feltie inside it and added some tangles thread and the "love" flair. I added 3 Cork Chevrons under my photos along with a sticker:



In the upper left corner around my photo, I added a mixture of alphas to create my title: "Our hearts will always wear the pawprints left by you." I also added another Yellow Heart Feltie and a couple more of the Cork Chevrons:



I love how this layout came out and I think it is a great tribute to this wonderful member of our family.

Here is the blog hop list in case you get lost along the way:
Laura Whitaker blog (March Guest Designer) http://scrappinaroundtheclock.blogspot.com/

Doris Widder's blog: http://www.distressedscrapper.com
Heather’s Blog: https://heifer21.wordpress.com
Laetitia’s blog : http://triniti59760.blogspot.fr/
Lisa’s blog: http://lisasscrappyhideaway.blogspot.com/ ***YOU ARE HERE***
Nadine Carlier’s Blog: http://www.myscrapnstuff.com
Creative Embellishments blog- http://creativeembellishments/com/blog


Remember, you can win a $25.00 gift card to SpiegelMom Scraps OR a $30 gift certificate to Creative Embellishments just by commenting on all the blogs in the blog hop! You have a whole week to complete the hop (until 11:59 p.m. on March 7) - so it's a pretty sweet way to win some scrappy goodies!!

Now off you go to Beth Soler's blog to see what she created!
Happy hopping!




19 comments :

  1. Very nice layout, sorry for your loss

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my, gorgeous! Love the colors and the layering!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, I love that diagona mixed media! Beautiful, beautiful layout!
    Carrie Williams
    Dearzae.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amazing background work, and a beautiful tribute page. RIP Bender :(

    ReplyDelete
  5. such a sweet dedication, and perfectly captured

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those yellow hearts are really adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is really fantastic Lisa, I love what you were doing with mixed media lately!

    ReplyDelete
  8. fabulous LIsa.. super background as always and love the layers of fun accents

    ReplyDelete
  9. Absolutely stunning!! I love all the elements you've included & your colors!! Sharing on the SMS Instagram!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  11. WOW! Love the asymmetrical border work, fabulous use of color, and sweet photos! I'm so sorry for your loss!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous page and sweet fur baby photo. Love the awesome bold colors, fun layers and paintwork with paw prints.

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a stunning tribute page! Love the beautiful mixed media and those adorable paw prints!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Awww, it's always so sad to lose our fur babies but your page is awesome. I love it!
    Nadine - My Scrap n' Stuff

    ReplyDelete
  15. We had to say goodbye to our 13 year old Lab just a few months ago. Such a nice way to pay tribute and remember our fur babies

    ReplyDelete
  16. Lisa,
    I love all the detail you put in this LO I see scraps of paper behind each pic sneaking out and wow your use of the chipboard, felt and cork is amazing

    ReplyDelete
  17. Our dogs are always with us - I'm sorry for your loss. This is a beautiful tribute to Bender. Your mixed media work is amazing and I love your title work.

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy reading your comments and greatly appreciate them! Thank you for stopping by!