Sunday, June 15, 2014

Time 2gether

Happy Father's Day!
It's reveal day up on the Just Imagine blog today! Today we are celebrating the men in our lives by creating anything to do with men or Father's Day.
I decided to create a layout about 2 men in my life that are very dear to me- my son, Austin and my dear husband, Greg.
These photos were taken by my friend, Julie, in April when they went to a Brewer game. I used the Kreaxions 4 in 1 Punch #916 for my border and added the fall away piece (opposite side of the patterned paper) to the top of my layout to create a banner. I used the same punch with insert B to punch my corners. I used My Mind's Eye Kate & Co.:

 
Here is a close up of the banner:
 

 
I added some light modeling paste with a stencil and added watercolor. I used a variety of things on my foam Thickers- watercolor and Gelatos. This is a close up of one corner:

 
The border close up:

 
It's not very often that I write my journaling on the base of my layout for fear that I will goof up, but with the lines, I knew I would be safe;)

 
Here is the punch I used:
 
I used this sketch by Karan Gerber at Sketchabilities:
 
 
 
Hope you will stop on over to the Just Imagine blog and check out what the rest of the design team did. Have a great day!

2 comments :

  1. Fabulous page, Lisa! I love the colors, layering and all the background work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is soooo fun and love love the colors and textured background!!!!

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy reading your comments and greatly appreciate them! Thank you for stopping by!