Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Rub-On Resist Tutorial

Today on the Practical Scrappers Blog the Design Team is sharing things that can be done using mists. I decided to try a technique my good friend, Bev Code, shared with me. Rub-on resist is so easy and looks wonderful!

I wish I would have taken pictures as I was creating this card, but I didn't :( so I will try and explain it the best I can :)

First I will show you my card and then you will be able to see what I did:

 
The first step that I did was to use a mask and lite modeling paste to create my chicken wire background. I then added my silver flower rub-ons using a popsicle stick. Once I had all my rub-ons in place, I misted with yellow, orange, pink and a little green Glimmer Mist. I only did one color at a time. After spraying each color, I took a paper towel and just wiped the Glimmer Mist off the rub-ons. SO EASY, HUH?! Then I punched butterflies, added twine, Stickled the butterflies and added a SRM Sticker for my sentiment.
 
Here is a closer look:

 
Thanks for stopping by and sharing your day with me!

6 comments :

I enjoy reading your comments and greatly appreciate them! Thank you for stopping by!