Monday, September 16, 2013

A Little Bit Retro

Today on the Cards In Envy Blog I have a card up and the theme is: A Little Bit RETRO!- create cards featuring a style, fashion or design from the past.
This challenge had me stumped, so I finally Google "retro" and then it was easy.

Here is my retro card using a mix of some older October Afternoon lines:

 
I made this for my hair stylist friend, she is going to love it!
Stop on over to the Cards In Envy blog and see what the rest of the design team came up with.
 

10 comments :

  1. Your retro card is so fun with the old-time ad and paper choices. I love the beautiful stitching and distressed edges. Your card even inspired me to make a second retro card using some October Afternoon papers from my stash.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lisa your card is soooo cute. I love all the colors and your stitching. The ad is so retro! Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love that you used an ad for your retro card! The colors are perfect too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just love your card! That retro ad is so cute! Love the stitching and distressing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That October Afternoon line was perfect for this assignment. You rocked the card.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fun and "out of the box" card! Wonderful idea to use the old ad! ~ Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a fun and retro styled card. Great take on the challenge theme. I'm sure your friend will love this. Very clever and well done!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fun retro card that brings back so many memories! Love the stitching and distressing!

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy reading your comments and greatly appreciate them! Thank you for stopping by!