Monday, May 15, 2017

Cards In Envy

Hello!
Do you have a favorite color combo you love to use when scrapping? The challenge for the next few weeks at Cards In Envy is to create a card using your favorite color combo of two or three colors.
My favorite color combo is orange and teal! It reminds me of summer and I love scrapping with them!
I created a card, using no patterned paper. If you know my scrapping, you know that I almost always use patterned papers. But not this time...
While on Pinterest, I saw a few cards that had only used mists, inks or paints for the background. They added a stamped sentiment and a few butterflies. So I decided to try it.

I used watercolors on white cardstock and then added a few colored cardstocks behind the white. It looked to plain, so I added some twine:


Here's a close up:


I'm still not sure I love it, maybe my colors were too soft. Next time I may try it with mists.

Have a great day!





2 comments :

  1. Beautiful water colors. Love the butterfly

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lisa, this came out gorgeous! I love your background and will have to CASE your twine treatment!!

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy reading your comments and greatly appreciate them! Thank you for stopping by!