Tuesday, August 30, 2016

Free Day

Hey there Scrappy Friends!
I had my last free day to scrap today before we take Sierra to college Thursday morning and on Friday I head back to work. I have to work a  few hours tomorrow and the rest of the day will be making sure Sierra has everything she needs.
Any how, I played along with the August challenge over at Creative Embellishments. I completed this layout in between house cleaning and canning tomatoes.
I have been working on using some of my stash and used an older Echo Park line along with a Creative Embellishment chipboard, stamp and flair and came up with this fun graduation page:


My intentions was to paint the chipboard at first, but as I got going on my page, it looked awesome as is! I cut my title using a Silhouette cut file and my Cameo. I added a torn piece of my favorite black and white stripe washi tape, a journal spot from Teresa Collins, some tangled thread and a Creative Embellishment Flair:


I fussy cut the hot air balloons, added some fake stitching using a marker to a few of the chipboard piece stars. I also added a heart sticker:


I created my background using the packaging technique along with mist. My colors were a little brighter than I wanted, so I tamed them down using a thin coat of Gesso. Finally I used black ink and a Creative Embellishment stamp. I fussy cut the clouds and popped one set up:


Some more fussy cut air balloons with some tangled thread:


The challenge was to use this photo as inspiration along with using something circular.


I used the colors yellow, pink and teal. I was also inspired by the hot air balloons and used a few on my layout. For circular items, I used flair, circle chipboard star piece and a circle stamp.

This was such a fun layout to create!
Thanks for stopping by and have a great night!


5 comments :

  1. What a beautiful layout. Love the airballons, they are a great addition to your layout, Thanks for joining us at Creative Embellishments.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, Wow, WOW....this is such an amazing LO!! I love all the layers you've added and love those balloons! BL

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is superb, Lisa! The colors, layers and embellishments are fabulous. I love the background you have created. Your chipboard circle and balloons are perfect on this. Love!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. fabulous take on the challenge and super layout

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVE the background work on here!! the circle and fun balloons!!!! your work always amazes me!!!

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy reading your comments and greatly appreciate them! Thank you for stopping by!