Tuesday, November 16, 2021

Believe- Home Decor

 Hello everyone!

Today I am sharing a Christmas home decor piece I created using the Believe birch wood word from Creative Embellishments. 

This was the first time I used crackle paste and I love the results I got with it! I added Gesso to the wood piece. Then I added red acrylic paint. Then I added the crackle paste and let dry a few days. I later learned I would not have had to do either one of these because I was using crackle paste that was white opaque. Live and learn, lol! When it was dry, I painted it red with acrylic paint that I watered down a bit. Here's my piece:

   

 I colored the Santa's Sleigh and Holly and Berry Set with acrylic paints and let them dry. Then I added a thin layer of crackle paste. It didn't crackle but I loved the snowy result I got:

 

Finally, I added white paint and gold mist spatters:

 

I love how this piece came out and will be displaying it in my house this holiday season. 
 Thanks for stopping by and have a great day!

No comments :

Post a Comment

I enjoy reading your comments and greatly appreciate them! Thank you for stopping by!