Thursday, August 10, 2023

Texas Longhorn

Hey there Creative Friends!
Happy Birthday to my Mom! She turns 87 today!
I am back to share a layout with you that I created for Creative Embellishments. On our trip to Texas last winter, I got to see my first longhorn! We were walking through Stockyards Station to get to the rodeo and came across this beauty:

   

 I started my layout with black textured cardstock and added white acrylic paint spatters to it. I added inks to a few Grunge Mini Frames, placed them on my background and then added my photos on top:

   

 I added a Recollection flower along with some die cut leaves on the right side of the photo:

 

On the lower left side of the photo I created another cluster  consisting of diecut leaves, a flower and the cowboy hat, boot, rope and longhorn are from the Cowboy Set. I inked them and added white paint spatters. I also added a Barbed Wire Border that I inked. For my title, I used Making Memories alphas from my stash:

   

 I inked and cut another Grunge Mini Frames and added the pieces on the top left and lower right side of my page. I created clusters in both of these spots as well: 

 

 

 I love how all these elements pop against the black background. I also love how this page came out! I think it is my favorite! 
 Thanks for stopping by and have a great day! 

No comments :

Post a Comment

I enjoy reading your comments and greatly appreciate them! Thank you for stopping by!