Friday, March 1, 2019

Spread Your Wings

Hey there!
Today I am sharing my take on the new March challenge at Creative Embellishments.
I used Paper House and Crate Paper papers for this layout along with some Thickers puffy stickers and Tim Holtz stickers for this layout:


Here are a few close ups:
I misted my background and then used a mask and ink to add the harlequin pattern to the background. I also used black ink and the Distressed Text Stamp on my background.  I added some Petaloo flowers, butterflies and leaves from my stash:


For my title, I used the Spread Your Wings chipboard pieces and used a few different pink mists to color them. Here you can see one of the Tim Holtz stickers:


I used the Distressed Harlequin Pieces and added lots of ink to them. I added a Thicker puffy sticker:


To finish my layout off, I added a piece of chipboard Luggage and used the same inks as I did for the Harlequin Pieces. I also printed the quote on white cardstock, cut it apart and added some ink and mist to distress it:


I used ScraPerfect Best Glue Ever with the No Clog Writing Cap attached to adhere the chipboard and flowers to this page.
Here's the inspiration photo and the challenge:
Be inspired by 1 element from the photo and by this quote: "Every great adventure requires a first step".


As soon as I saw the quote for this challenge, I knew which photos I wanted to use. These photos were taken of Sierra in the airport in January. She was leaving to study abroad this semester in Germany. I was inspired by the black and white photo and used black and white photos on my page. I was also inspired by the harlequin pattern in the photo. 
I am excited to see your take on this challenge!

No comments :

Post a Comment

I enjoy reading your comments and greatly appreciate them! Thank you for stopping by!