Tuesday, April 7, 2020

A Canvas for Creative Embellishments

Hey friends!
Several years ago my MIL gave us some Norwegian Hollyhock seeds, which is a favorite flower in the Moen family. I planted them in my flower bed and in a few years they were coming up all over in my vegetable garden. These flowers are so pretty! I took a few photos of them that summer and decided to finally scrap this memory on a canvas using some chipboard from Creative Embellishments.
Here's my canvas:






To prep the background of the canvas, I added white Gesso. I used the Distressed Grid Stencil to add texture paste. When it was dry, I added several layers of mists. Finally, I used black ink and stamped the background with the Distressed Grid Stamp.


 I added a layer of green vellum under my photo. I used the word "beautiful" from the Gorgeous Small Border Word Set and sprayed it with mists:


I framed my photo with the Leafy Vine Frame and sprayed it with some mists as well:


I added lots of flowers around the frame, some stamped ones and included the Daisy Cluster, which I cut in half and added some to each side of the frame. I added some Glass Beads to the center of the Daisy Clusters, primed with Gesso and then added some mists:


Here's a closer look of the Daisy Cluster on the right side. I added a strip of Magic Mesh across the canvas, remember that stuff? I also tucked in 3 wood veneer Bumblebees colored with inks and mists. Finally, I added lots and lots of spatters with mists and paints:


I absolutely love how this canvas came out! 
Thanks for stopping by and have a great day!



No comments :

Post a Comment

I enjoy reading your comments and greatly appreciate them! Thank you for stopping by!