Sunday, December 1, 2019

The Tree

Hey there friends!
It's December 1st already! That means a new mood board challenge is up at Creative Embellishments!


 I have to admit, when I saw the mood board for this month, I panicked! I am one of those scrappers that love color. Don't get me wrong, this mood board is gorgeous, but I love color. 
I started my layout by picking some neutral papers and stickers from my stash. Then I fussy cut the flowers. I knew I wanted to use this photo of my daughter decorating the tree last year because it had the colors from the mood board in it. I also knew I wanted to use the Mesh Tree. I colored the tree with some Lindy's mists. Then added some Silver Nuvo Glimmer Paste to the circles in the tree to resemble ornaments. I added a Bow  to the top of the tree. From there it was a breeze!


 I used the Falling Stars Stencil and added Liquitex Glass Beads through it. I wasn't happy with the results, so I put the stencil back on  and added the silver Nuvo Glimmer Paste. 


I added the photo. Finally I tucked in some chipboard from the Poinsettia Set,  which I colored with the Lindy's mists as well, around the flowers . I finished the layout off with some stickers, pearls, punched stars and spatters.


Here's the mood board:





 I love how this layout came out! See how a challenge can inspire you?!
Thanks for stopping by and have a great day!









No comments :

Post a Comment

I enjoy reading your comments and greatly appreciate them! Thank you for stopping by!