Friday, February 5, 2021

Home Decor Snowflake

 Hey there crafty friends! Today I am sharing another home decor piece that I created for Creative Embellishments. This time I used the Snowflake. The snowflake is cut from birch wood and is 3/16" thick. Here's my project:

 

I added a layer of white Gesso to the Snowflake. Then I added white acrylic paint. Once that was dry, I added Liquitex Glass Beads. Right after I applied the glass beads and it was still wet, I sprinkled the entire snowflake with DoodleBug Designs White Sugar Coating that I have had in my stash forever. I let it dry overnight.

 

Now the Snowflake was ready to add embellishments. I added Gesso to the Large Snowflake Set, the words "frosty" and "snowflakes" from the Snow Word Set and Chipboard Snowflakes. I added BoBunny Glitter Paste to the smallest snowflakes to give some dimension. Then I sprayed them all with blue mists. Once dry, I stacked them and added some shiny blue fibers underneath. I used ScraPerfect's Best Glue Ever to adhere:

   

 I added a Distressed Snowflake Flair to one of the large snowflakes. I also added in a few stickers from Echo Park. Here are the words from the Snow Word Set:

   

 I made a bow from some sheer ribbon I picked up at the Dollar Store and placed some snowflakes in the middle:

 

Although it's hard to see in the photos, this piece has lots of sparkle to it. I had a blast creating it and hope I have inspired you to try a home decor piece. Thanks for stopping by and have a great day!

No comments :

Post a Comment

I enjoy reading your comments and greatly appreciate them! Thank you for stopping by!