Tuesday, September 14, 2021

Windmill Home Decor Piece

Hey there friends!
I have a fun home decor piece to share with you today that I created for Creative Embellishments

I added 2 layers of Gesso to the Large Wood Windmill, letting them dry in between. Then added 2 layers of grey acrylic paint. I didn't like the result, so I used white acrylic paint and drybrushed it. Then I added some brown inks to age it. I love the result:

   

 I added 2 layers of Gesso and acrylic paint to the Barn and Cow. Then used white acrylic paint and drybrushed both pieces. I added brown inks on top. I tucked in some diecuts from Simple Stories Vintage Farmhouse Garden behind my chipboard pieces. I added some burlap flowers from Little Birdie:

   

 I added Gesso and inks to the Farmhouse Windmill and then drybrushed white acrylic paint on it:

 

I used Gesso and white acrylic paint on the Rooster, added some inks and drybrushed the white acrylic paint. I added Gesso and inks to the Home Sweet Home and then drybrushed it with white acrylic paint as well. I added another burlap flower and a heart diecut from Simple Stories:

 

I added 2 layers of Gesso and 2 layers of blue acrylic paint to the Tractor. Then drybrushed it with the white acrylic paint and added some inks. I added inks to the words "Embrace Time" from the Moments Word Set. These I added the Gesso, inks and paints to as well. I adhered everything using ScraPerfect's Best Glue ever:

 

After I had everything in place, I added some water to white acrylic paint and added lots of spatters. I also added some ink spatters. I love how this came out! I plan on hanging this in our new bathroom we are putting in our basement this fall. It will have a farmhouse theme. Thanks for stopping by and have a great day! 

No comments :

Post a Comment

I enjoy reading your comments and greatly appreciate them! Thank you for stopping by!