Wednesday, August 19, 2020

A New Technique!

Hey there friends!
It's my day up at Creative Embellishments. Today I am sharing a new to me technique- embossed resist technique. I created 3 cards using CE Stamps added some chipboard sentiments to them:

 

To create the background, I added clear embossing ink to the Twinkle Stamp and stamped it on textured white cardstock. Then added clear embossing powder and heat. Finally, I added some Distressed Oxide Inks and blended them together. The embossed areas resisted the Oxide inks for this cool look. I added a layer of colored cardstock under the background and added some machine stitching. On this card I added the Missing You sentiment from the Small Sentiment Words. I heat embossed this as well. Then I finished the card off with the chipboard envelope from the Everyday Icons:

  

 I created the background the same way on this card, but I used the Distressed Grid Stamp. For my sentiment, I used the word "Hope" from the Dream Word Set. I used mists to color it. I punched a few butterflies and stitched thru them:

   

 For the last card, I used the same technique along with the Circles Stamp.  I used the word "Imagine" from the Dream Word Set and used mists to color it. I again added a few butterflies and stitching:

   

 This was such a fun technique to try and I love how the cards came out! Thanks for stopping by and have a great day!

No comments :

Post a Comment

I enjoy reading your comments and greatly appreciate them! Thank you for stopping by!