Friday, January 1, 2021

Twas The Night Before Christmas

 Hey friends! 

Happy New Year!

I am excited to be returning to the Creative Embellishments design team for 2021!

They have a challenge every month with a gift certificate up for grabs. Here is my take on the mood board this month:


I was inspired by the lacy fringe in the table cloth and created a fringe Christmas tree. To make the tree, I hand drew it on cardstock. I cut about 1" strips of patterned paper from Park Lane Sophisticated Neutrals. Then I used fringe scissors and cut 3/4 of the way. I started at the bottom and glued them to my paper cut tree. I added in some lace. Next I cut the same tree on my background paper. Then I machine stitched around it: 


I used Twas The Night Before Christmas piece as my title and colored it with inks. I added the fussy cut heart and flowers from the Park Lane collection:


I also added in a piece of the Lace Border 7 on the bottom of my photo and colored that with the same inks.


I used the same dark ink to color the 3 wood veneer Hearts and place one on top of my tree:


Here's the mood board. The challenge is to add lace or other material:



Thanks for stopping by and here's to a happy and healthy 2021!




No comments :

Post a Comment

I enjoy reading your comments and greatly appreciate them! Thank you for stopping by!