Sunday, April 14, 2019

Cake

Hey there friends!
It has been kind of a scrappy weekend for me, love those!
I played along with a sketch from Let's Get Sketchy and combined it with the April challenge at Scrap The Boys and came up with this page:


I cut the star with my Cameo and backed it with a paper from American Crafts. Then I hand stitched around it with brown embroidery floss.I used the 6x6 Simple Stories Snap Life paper pad and some Snap embellies. For my title, I used some old pink Thickers.I added a few brown brads from my stash:


I added a few layers of patterned paper behind my photo and then popped it up with some craft foam. I fussy cut the arrow and pink heart from the papers:


Here's the sketch:


Here's the challenge at Scrap the Boys:

Thanks for stopping by and have a great week!



15 comments :

  1. Great idea to stitch the outline with some embroidery floss! It really makes your layout pop! So glad you played with us at Let's Get Sketchy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Bethany - the stitching really looks great on your layout! Love the layers behind the photo and all of your bits and pieces! Thanks so much for sharing with us at Let's Get Sketchy! -Lori DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Lisa! I absolutely adore your fun, fabulous, and creative page! The photo is awesome - you scrapped it with such creativity!! I especially like the way you stitched around that star! Thanks so much for joining us at Scrap the Boys!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great take on the sketch! Love the stitching! Thank you for joining us at LGS!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome page! Love the layering and of course the stitching! Thank you for joining us at LGS❤️

    ReplyDelete
  6. A creative page with the star and the stitching. And Oh my goodness, look at the size of that cake! Thanks for joining us at Scrap the Boys.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Super layout with great idea! Thank you for joining us at Scrap The Boys!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like that your star is not absolutely vertical, it gives the dynamic to the page! Thank you for joining us at Scrap the Boys!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow Lisa, this is a sensational take on the sketch. Your stitched star outline is awesome. Thanks so much for joining us at Lets Get Sketchy. Deb xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a happy layout. Love it. Thanks so much for playing along with us at Let's Get Sketchy.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the color scheme! Thank you for playing along with us at LGS!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh wow! Love that stitched star!! Cool layout!! Thanks for joining us at STB :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Well this is just FABULOUS! I do love your stitching!
    Thanks for joining us at LGS!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lisa I love everything about your page so much. Thanks for joining in with us at Let's Get Sketchy.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love the star background, especially with the stitching. The colours look great. Thanks for playing at STB.

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy reading your comments and greatly appreciate them! Thank you for stopping by!